- We hold Worship services at 9:00 am in Fellowship Hall and 11:00 am in the Sanctuary. And following CDC guidelines, everyone over the age of 3 years must wear a mask at all times.
- Separate areas will be designated for non vaccinated people.
- Services will be on Facebook and the website live, as well as taped and posted for those who cannot attend in person.
- Please plan on arriving no earlier than 15 minutes before the services starts. Wait in your car until you see the doors to the church open. Maintain a distance of 6 feet from other families as you enter the church. Please put on your mask in the parking lot.
- Before entering the church you will see a sign that poses the COVID-19 questions. If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, we ask that you not enter the church and worship from home.
In the Last 14 days have you:
Tested Positive for COVID-19?
Had COVID-19 symptoms?
Had close contact with someone with COVID-19?
- There will be hand sanitizer available as you enter the church, and we ask that you sanitize your hands as you enter, and again as you leave the church.
- The Nursery is open! Children over the age of 2 will need to wear a mask.
- If you have any Joys or Prayer requests, you can email them to Pastor Kristen or the church office prior to each week’s service, or there will be someone at the entrance to Fellowship Hall with a card you can fill out. These will be handed to Pastor Kristen prior to the service.
- If you are included in the at-risk population, are immune-compromised, cannot wear a mask for extended periods, work in essential services such as health care or skilled nursing facilities, or do not feel comfortable attending in-person, please continue to shelter in place and engage with the online service at this time.
- The Men’s & Ladies Restrooms downstairs will be available for use during or after the service along with the restrooms located off Peek Chapel.
- We will not be passing the offering basket. There will be an Offering Basket located at the entrance & exit of each service area to put your offering. We encourage EFT, please contact Marilyn Pinneo, 315-694-0084, for help in setting up this option if you choose.
- No outside food or beverages may be brought in with you (Personal cup/Dunkin Donuts etc). No socializing after service will be allowed inside the building. But vaccinated individuals may socialize outside.
- Ushers will release each row one at a time at the end of the service to allow for every family to exit the church and maintain a distance of 6 feet apart.
- Significant measures have been taken to clean and sanitize the areas we will be using and they will be cleaned and sanitized after each service. All other areas of the church are closed for now.
Please know that we realize and have considered how difficult this is and how awkward it may feel. The good news is that this won’t last forever, and that God is with us every step of the way, as we all work to ensure the health and safety of everyone who enters our doors.
What if I don’t have a mask? – Let the Greeter know, and one will be provided to you.
What if I don’t want to or can’t wear a mask over my nose and mouth? – Then we lovingly ask you to continue to worship from home online.
What is coming in the next phase? – Provided the spread of the virus continues to be low or continues to reduce we are planning on adding other services and aspects of worship gradually. For Communion we are ordering single packets for the elements that will be passed out to each person on the first Sunday of the month.
What about the Community Dinner? – Our dinner has been successfully held as drive through/take-out for the past few months and will continue as such until further notice. They are still the second and last Tuesday of the month at 4:30pm.
Thank you for your consideration and cooperation during this transitioning time.
For other questions, please reach out to a member of the Re-opening Task Force: Pastor Kristen Allen, Carolyn Benedict, Aimee Coates, Mary Davis, Bob Flanagan, Rodger Francis, Jan Hafner, and Linda & Jerry Snyder
Penn Yan United Methodist Church
All content of this site is copyrighted by the Penn Yan United Methodist Church, unless otherwise specified. © 2020
All rights reserved.