PYUMC Campership Policy
It is the policy and intention of PYUMC that every child associated with our church have the opportunity to attend church camp, regardless of their family’s ability to pay. Information and brochures describing the various camping opportunities are available from the Church Office and online at Casowasco.org and Aldersgate.org. Our church family also provides our campers with support in the form of prayers and letters, so it is important that the church office is notified whenever one of our children will be attending camp.
PYUMC provides financial assistance for those families who find it difficult to pay the entire cost of one week at camp. The members of our church do our best to provide funds that are needed; however, the amount provided may vary, depending on the number of campers requesting funds, the ability of each family to pay the cost, and the amount of money available in a particular year.
The following guidelines are set for those who choose to apply for financial assistance from PYUMC toward the cost of their summer church camp experience.
- Families should register online and pay the registration/deposit fee for the specific camp chosen to attend. (There are normally discounts for registering by May 1st and for multiple children in a family)
- Upon confirmation of registration, families should complete the Request for Campership Funds application (attached; also available in the church office and on our church’s website) and return it to the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org or on paper).
3. Applicants will be notified in writing of the scholarship amount, which will be paid directly to the registered camp. Families are responsible for the balance due after scholarship amount is paid. Please see Kim Fitzgerald or Pastor Kristen if payment of this fee causes severe financial hardship. In certain circumstances, further assistance may be available from the Upper New York Annual Conference.
We hope that campership applicants and recipients have regular church attendance and be active in church activities. When the church holds fundraisers for camperships, we hope our applicants will participate if at all possible.
If you have further questions concerning this process or any special circumstances you wish to discuss, please contact Kim Fitzgerald (315/719-2782) or Pastor Kristen (315/536-6711).
These guidelines were established by the Christian Education Team and updated 6/2021. The team reserves the right to consider cases individually and to be flexible in our adherence to these guidelines as we deem appropriate.
Request for Campership Funds
Penn Yan United Methodist Church offers financial assistance for those seeking to
participate in programs through the Camps, Conferences & Retreat Ministries of the
Upper New York Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.
The deadline for submission of this form is June 1st.
Please complete separate applications for each child in your family.
Camper’s Name: ____________________________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian’s Name: _____________________________________________________________
Mailing Address: ____________________________________________________________________
Phone Numbers: ____________________________ Email: __________________________________
Camp Information and Aid Worksheet
See Campership Policy. Campers should have paid registration fee and have confirmation of camp registration.
Camp Location/Dates of Camp Week: ______________________________________________________
Name of Camp Week: ___________________________________________________________________
Total Cost of Camp: $_________
Subtract registration fee paid by you: -$_________
Subtract discounts (early registration, multiple child, etc): -$_________
Balance Due: $_________
Please complete the backside of this form, providing additional information to
be considered in the review of your application.
Please list your family’s participation in church activities: (church attendance, Sunday school, youth events, mission activities, fundraisers etc…)
Are there special considerations of which we should be aware?
Camper should complete the following questions in his/her own words.
1) Why do you want to go to camp?
2) Why have you chosen this camp program?
3) What do you hope to gain from your camping experience?
GET IN TOUCH
Diane is always available for side collaborations and talks worldwide. If you want to chat about design, books, wine, or anything else, don’t hesitate in reaching out.
Lessons from remote interviewing
What design mentees need
How to foster collaboration